Winning Back The Fight

Authored by: Tyto Alba
Edited by: Anwar Mc Noo

IN THE NAME OF ALLAH THE MOST GRACIOUS THE MOST MERCIFUL


Those people that were watching through the corner of their eyes and walking by serenely as if they were the happiest men in this horrific world.


I tried to call for help, all proved to be useless.

I tried to fight, but my small, fragile body was too weak against these people.

I screamed and screamed in agony, as my last defense, to tell the whole world that another injustice was in action.

I pled and pled to please let me free, which only earned me laughter as they watched I suffered.
My lung was out of air.

My energy sucked out immensely.

My tears dried.

And I finally gave in.
___________________________________________________________________________

Our own nightmares.

Our own dark history.

Our own trauma of this supposedly beautiful world.

I know we have all those experiences. And I know it is truly hard to forgive anyone, including ourselves that contribute to the trauma.

We might hate ourselves for being so helpless during the rape or bullies we had all those years.

We might loathe our parents for being so abusive, physically or emotionally until we never feel safe again in our own home.

We might never forgive our friends for not being there during those horrible moments when we needed them the most.

We might scream to everyone in this world, asking why you were just standing by and watching as if everything was never wrong!

But you know…

We can learn to defend ourselves better next time.

We can be stronger for the next battle.

We can show them a better way to live and to love.

It’s okay to take even the smallest step. It’s really okay. But work towards it.

Because then, you can have peace in yourselves, by forgiving them.

By forgiving ourselves.

So forgive, because you deserve happiness.

“Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.”
-Mark Twain-





Comments

Popular Posts