Sky

Authored by: Sky
Edited by: Anwar Mc Noo


IN THE NAME OF ALLAH THE MOST GRACIOUS THE MOST MERCIFUL

“You are limitless! Accept this truth and soar to infinity.” 

― Amy Leigh Mercree


(Please read it to the very last word, thank you.)

Who created the saying “the sky is your limit”? Because honestly, I don’t really believe in that. My belief is, if you really want something, then there should be NO LIMIT. If you have been holding on to that saying as your life quote, your brain will translate it as “Oh, I actually have a limit.” Even if it was sky high.


Let’s change our view in creating or striving for life goals. There should be no limit for both of them. When you are setting your new goals, don’t think of any limit. Venture, fly, explore! You’ll never know how much is your worth until you try, and push yourself. Oh dear, trust me, you don’t know what you’re capable of.  Taking an example from my life experience, during my visit to Seoul, specifically Everland (a theme park), my sister persuaded me to accompany her to ride the T-Express. It. Is. So. Scary. Just by seeing it gave me shivers! I almost gave up and turned back when it was nearing our turn. But I didn’t. Instead, I mustered my courage and rode it.


Hey, it was actually really fun! Yes, I did close my eyes throughout the ride and screamed every now and then, but I survived. In fact, I enjoyed it. Now, I’ve always found myself missing roller coaster rides and keep on craving for more. Alright. Although this example of mine kind of went astray from ‘setting your goal’ topic, but you get my point right? You wouldn’t know until you try. If I made a U-turn, I would never know that I could actually enjoy that crazy, 90 degree fall ride. Same goes for all of you, if you don’t try to set your goals high, with no limits, you will never know what you’re able to surpass, buddy!

On the other side, while taking our steps to achieving our goals, we should set no limits too. Do whatever we can, don’t let anything stop us until we get what we want. I don’t get how most of the people are not willing to give their 100% whenever they are pursuing any of their dreams. They had me like, “Isn’t it your goals? What you’ve always wanted? How come you are not pushing yourself enough, bruh?” One of the characteristics of successful personalities that I have noticed is, they will never ever give up, they will give their all, and they will not let anything or anyone stop them.

For instance, from the movie “The Founder”, a story about how McDonald’s was born, the main character, Ray Kroc, didn’t let anything stop him. If there is a hurdle, he’ll find another way, and another, and another, until McDonald’s becomes his. I’m sorry if this was a really bad example, even I dislike his character. But let’s look at the positive side of him. His perseverance. Give your all! It’s YOUR goals anyway. 


HOWEVER, for me, there are two aspects that we need to take into notice as our guidelines. Not limit, not boundaries, but our guidelines. Number one, our religion. “Islam is deen, the way of life.” Exactly. As every religion is actually a guideline for their own believers, I strongly believe that if we follow it accordingly, our life journey will go smooth, insya Allah. Our religion or Allah SWT is like the number 1 in the 1,000,000. If we lose it, we are only left with a bunch of useless, valueless, zeros. Therefore, always keep in mind to keep the number ‘1’ safe by obeying our religion.

Number two, our family, especially our parents. Again, this is not a limit, but a guide. “Parents knows what is the best for their children.” Sounds familiar right? Yes, I can even guarantee you as I have experienced it myself. There was this one thing that I really really wanted to pursue, however, after listening to the advice from my family members, (and some prayers to God asking for guidance), I opt for another choice. And yes, I learnt the hikmah, and I got to know the reasons why to my current choice is a better option.

Besides that two aspects, I have nothing else to say. Grab your keys, start the engine, and you are all set for your journey, mate! I hope you’ve got all the essentials that you need for this limitless pursue, and I pray that you will stay strong throughout the journey. I hope there is still a tiny space in your bag pack to carry along this piece of advice: 

“Nothing should be your limit; not even the sky.”

Comments

Popular Posts